Appliances are an integral part of your household. An appliance breakdown like a refrigerator can disturb your daily life because it runs day and night to keep your food fresh. Repairing your refrigerator can seem like a daunting task. If you want to apply a DIY approach to fix the refrigerator, ensure having knowledge and appropriate tools. Consulting with an expert in appliance repair in Sacramento can help. Experts can identify the root cause of the problem and know the best solution.
Here Are the Simple Fixes if Your Refrigerator Stops Cooling
- Check the power connection to the fridge. There should be light when you open the door.
- Check the thermostat connection.
- If your fridge/freezer thermostat isn’t working, consult an expert plumber in Sacramento to fix it. You can also find them in online shops.
- Check the freezer vents to see if they are not blocked items, such as ice boxes or frozen veggies. Vents allow cold air to circulate.
- A refrigerator may have blocked or dirty coils that affect the fridge’s functioning. Clean the coils under or behind the fridge using a vacuum. Clogged coils contribute to malfunctioning.
- Check the condenser fan to ensure it is not blocked. The fan won’t spin if something is stuck. Before checking the condenser fan, unplugging the fridge is necessary. Clean the fan blades and remove debris or an object that hinders the spin. Make sure the fan is operating while the compressor is working after plugging the refrigerator in. If the fan doesn’t run, consult a reliable plumber in refrigerator repair in Sacramento.
Common Refrigerator Problems May Include:
- Clogged water inlet tube
- Blocked saddle valve
- Clogged inlet valve
- Clogged drain tube
If Your Fridge Makes Noises, Do the Following:
- Check the condenser
- Detach the fan motors
- Add a soundproof mat
If You Have a Leaky Fridge:
Check the faulty water inlet valve and worn-out door seal. Replacing the door gaskets can solve the problem. Also, check the drain pan that may be full. Drain the water and clean the pan before installing it back.
If you have checked these problems and found nothing, the circuit board of your fridge may have malfunctioned. You can check the wires if they have burned. Hiring a professional can help solve the problem effectively.
You May Require the Following Services if the Fridge Won’t Work:
- Checking a refrigerator door
- Servicing door hinges
- Servicing internal components like a limit switch and evaporator fan
- Servicing the defrost timer
- Servicing the defrost heater
- Clearing the drain ports
- Servicing the drain hose and pan
- Servicing ice makers
- Servicing a refrigerant leak
- Servicing the Motor/Compressor
Consulting with a local technician is the best way to deal with refrigerator problems. Professionals can detect the problem and implement the best solution.